The Westchester-Putnam Council is excited to offer Internet Rechartering to your unit. This method for rechartering will make the whole process easier because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself—which ensures that it will be correct—and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it’s convenient for you.
Here's How It Works
A unit assigned adult volunteer will use the Internet Charter Renewal system to identify returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or the chartered organization.
This person will need to have access to Microsoft Internet Explorer browser in order for this application to work. They can access the Internet with AOL, but they must open Internet Explorer browser to view the page correctly.
Additionally, a tutorial and on-line help resources are available.
To renew your unit charter on-line:
- Sixty days before your unit's expiration date, select a renewal processor. This should be someone in your unit who is familiar with the members and leaders of your unit to ensure all information provided through the process is correct. This person also needs access to the internet using Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- The renewal processor attends the district training session to learn about Internet Rechartering.
- Your unit charter renewal packet is distributed to the unit leadership as it has been in the past, but includes an access code specifically assigned to your unit. It will not include a Charter Renewal Application.
- Thirty to forty-five days before your unit's expiration date, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now on this webpage and begins the process.
- When the on-line process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application.
- The Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, or Crew Advisor) and the Chartered Organization Representative sign the charter renewal application. The signed application along with any individual applications for new youth members or adult leaders, and materials received in the charter renewal packet, (such as the Quality Unit application), and all appropriate fees, should then be brought to the Council Service Center, or your district's charter turn-in meeting.
Please view the following resources for additional assistance.
Note that Internet Rechartering does not work with IE11
Fee Schedule For 2020 Recharter
National Youth Registration $60
WPC Program-Insurance Fee $27
Total Registration for Youth (Cubs, Scouts, Venturing, Sea Scouts) - $87
National Adult Registration $36
Insurance Adult Fee -$4
Total Adult Registration Fee $40
Boys Life (per subscription) $12.00
Unit Liability Insurance Fee – per unit $60.00
9 Opportunities To Turn In Your Recharter Paperwork
Council Turn In Day - Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:30 AM -2:30 PM - Council Service Center
Journey To Excellence
What is Scouting’s Journey to Excellence?
Scouting’s Journey to Excellence is a planning, performance, and recognition program for councils, districts, packs, troops, teams, crews, ships, and posts. Its goal is to align unit, district, and council performance to maximize results in key performance areas that are directly related to producing a successful, growing, and sustainable Scouting program (such as membership retention, financial strength, camping, and advancement).
The standards are based on the Kaplan and Norton balanced scorecard, which was selected by the Harvard Business Review as one of the “most important management practices of the past 75 years.” Many leaders in both for- and not-for-profit industries have adopted the balanced scorecard approach with award-winning results. Performance is measured on an overall basis, as well as in individual and key performance indicators in the areas of finance, membership, program, leadership, and customer service.
What is its purpose?
- Provides the template for planning an effective program.
- Encourage and reward success in districts, councils, and units.
- Measure performance versus process.
- Achieve Scouting’s mission of serving more youth with a higher-quality program.
Tri-level recognition program
- Bronze – Effective
- Silver – Excellent
- Gold – Exceptional
2019 Score Cards
- Journey To Excellence Service Hours Website
- New user instructions for website
- Frequently Asked Questions For Units