2021 National Scout Jamboree
July 21-30, 2021
What is the National Jamboree?
The National Jamboree is the premier event put on every four years by the Boy Scouts of America at the Summit Bechtel National Scout Reserve, Beckley, West Virginia. Over 40,000 Scouts and Scouters attended the last Jamboree, and all the excitement of past Jamborees will be incorporated with new themes and shows.
What goes on at a Jamboree?
Everything that the combined resources of the National Council plus hundreds of the best volunteers from every local council can provide! For examples: zip lines, mountain biking, ropes courses, climbing, rifle shooting, archery, Action Alley, Buckskin Games, Scottish Highland Games, confidence courses, bicycle motocross, pioneering, rappelling towers, trapshooting, fishing, canoe slalom, scuba diving, kayaking, daily stage shows, and the OA American Indian Village.
Participant registration will open in December.
Visit the National website to register first here-
JAMBOREE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
- Deposit $250 due with registration
- Payment #1 $300 due April 1st 2020
- Payment #2 $300 due June 1st 2020
- Payment #3 $300 due September 1st 2020
- Payment #4 $300 due December 1st 2020
- Payment #5 $300 due March 1st 2021
- Payment #6 $250 due May 1st 2021
Current Estimated Total Cost for Jamboree is $2000 per person which includes all food, transportation, day pack, hat, t-shirts and patches. Payments are made in installments above.
(A firm cost will be forwarded as soon as all logistic contracts are signed.)
Any scholarship or popcorn fee is deducted from final payments only. Please pay timely as WPC must remit fees to National quarterly as well.
If you wish to pay by check, please mail or bring your payment to the Council Service Center:
41 Saw Mill River Road
Hawthorne, NY 10530
Attn: Laura Kaye
Questions, please contact:
- Jamboree Chair: Josh Davies – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamboree Staff Advisor: Richard Stockton – email@example.com
Want to be National staff?
Dear Scouts BSA Leader,
As we begin a new year, Westchester-Putnam Council is starting to plan for the 2021 BSA National Jamboree, being held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia, from July 21 to 30, 2021.
The National Jamboree is held only once every four years https://jamboree.scouting.org/. Often a scout has only one opportunity in their scouting years to participate in a National Jamboree. Scouts must be at least 12 years old and First Class rank by the time of the contingent's departure. All Scouts must be younger than 18 for the duration of the trip.
This January, we will be selecting qualified adult leaders to be our four (4) contingent Scoutmasters. If you have interest in serving as one of these contingent Scoutmasters or know someone who is uniquely qualified, we need to know Right Now. Please respond to this email. Once we hear from you, we will contact you with further details. Below is the list of requirements.
SCOUTMASTER QUALIFICATIONS - All Jamboree Scoutmasters must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a current BSA membership with a Scouts BSA Troop or a related position with a District, Council, Area, Region, or National level.
- Scoutmasters and First Assistant Scoutmasters must be at least 21 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree.
- Second Assistant Scoutmasters must be at least 18 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree.
- Third Assistant Scoutmasters must be at least 18 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree but not yet 21 years of age by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the local council.
- Scoutmaster applicants MUST be currently serving as a Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, or have served in one of those positions for one complete year.
- Scoutmaster applicants must have completed Scoutmaster Leader specific training.
- All adult leaders must complete Youth Protection Training within one year of the last day of the Jamboree.
- Meet the medical and BMI requirements of the Jamboree.
- Participate and assist in planning the pre-Jamboree training experience with local council.
- Filed BSA Health and Medical Record with their council within one year of attending the Jamboree.
- Submit all registration fees per the local council’s payment schedule.
Yours in Scouting,
Josh Davies, Vice President Outdoor Program
Rich Stockton, Scout Executive