Westchester-Putnam Council Members:
It is with sadness and deep regret that we inform you that due to the financial issues of the Council, the Board of the Westchester-Putnam Council has decided to restructure the Council Staff and the Services that we will be provided. The Council has been running significant deficits for a number of years and with the loss of the anticipated 2020 Program & Insurance Fee increase, the Board has had no options but to make some very hard decisions.
A reduction in force is necessary.
The following staff members have been laid off:
- Chris Carollo – Director of Development
- Tiffany Deygoo – Senior District Director
- Andrew Nam – District Director
- Connor Morabito – District Executive
- Robert Behan – District Executive
- Maryellen Galinski – Customer Service Coordinator
- Dawn Niece – Registrar
The remaining staff is dedicated to make sure you get the service you need to provide the best quality programs to your Scouts. We know that some services will need to be adjusted from the Service Center. Please understand that the staff is going to do all they can to help support your Unit. We need even more volunteers to help make sure that this wonderful life changing program – Scouting stays strong here in Westchester & Putnam Counties.
The best way to contact the staff is to call the Service Center at 914-773-1135, email a specific staff member or to use one of the new Service Emails that have been created:
- WPC.Service@scouting.org – Questions about Unit Service, Scout Programs, Etc.
- WPC.Development@scouting.org – Questions about Council Fund Raising
- WPC.Registration@scouting.org – Questions about Registration or Charters
- WPC.Camping@scouting.org – Questions about Read & Durland
With all adversity comes solutions. We are working everyday to provide the best Scouting environment possible. You are a very important part of that environment. Thank you for what you do and your leadership. Together, we will all find ways to make Scouting in our communities better and brighter.
Yours in Scouting,