Internet Advancement is here!
The Westchester-Putnam Council is proud to feature internet advancement.
This online process will enable packs, troops, teams, crew, ships, and posts to
enter your own advancement.
Online advancement will replace the multi-copy Advancement Report.
Online Advancement may be used for:
Units can submit advancement for youth members online. Use Internet
Advancement for the following:
- Add ranks, merit badges, and awards.
- Update information on existing advancements
Online Advancement may not be used for:
- Eagle Scout rank.
- Nominating awards, such as Lifesaving and Meritorious Action.
To use Internet Advancement:
1. Select the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet
connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. Obtain a unit ID code from the council. The unit advancement processor works
with the district advancement committee, and can obtain the unit ID code through
the committee or by calling your district scout executive.
3. Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and
advancement records with dates.
4. Click Internet Advancement below. Follow the instructions in Internet
Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
5. Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and
submit it to the council. Save a copy for your files.
Units should submit a monthly report, prior to the end of each month, or more
often if needed. Prior to the end of December, Units should submit a report,
this report will create an updated annual report for your unit and council