March 2017 is Scouting For Food Month
Scouting for Food is scheduled for March 2017, when Scouts throughout the Westchester-Putnam Council help make a difference to fight hunger. Scouting for Food is the leading service program for Boy Scouts of America and is a part of the national BSA program - Good Turn for America.
In partnership with local food banks this council-wide service project begins Wednesday, March 1st, please deliver your donations to either the
Food Bank For Westchester or your Local Food Pantry by March 31st, 2017.
All participating Scouts will receive a 2017 Scouting for Food Patch after the event by completing the Unit Score Card.
How Can Your Unit Help Make a Difference?
- Attend your March Roundtable to pick up your unit's supply of flyers. If you were unable to attend Roundtable and still would like to collect your flyers, please contact your District Executive or stop by the Council Service Center.
- Use Scouting For Food Flyer in your collection drive.
- Please run your Scouting For Food Drive during the Month of March.
- Donate your collection to either the Food Bank For Westchester or your Local Food Pantry.
- Send in your Unit Score Card to record your donation to email@example.com
- Log on to Good Turn for America and log your Community Service Hours.
Scouting For Food Unit Reporting Form
Scouting For Food Unit Flyer
Scouting For Food Information Flyer
What items are most needed in our community?
All items should be nonperishable.
PLEASE, no glass containers or pre-opened items.
CEREALS, WHOLE GRAIN
MILK (SHELF STABLE)
YOU CAN HELP IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF YOUR NEIGHBORS.
WHEN CHOOSING ITEMS FOR THE FOOD DRIVE,
PLEASE LOOK FOR LABELS WHICH READ:
Low Sodium, No Salt Added, Reduced Sodium, 50% Less Sodium,
No Sugar Added, 100% Fruit Juice, Unsweetened, Lite
Scouting for Food is just one way the Boy Scouts of America works to improve communities across the nation.
For more information:
Please call Jay Singer at (914) 741-5793 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the Unit Score Card & Email to email@example.com
Council will record your donation & will provide Scouting for Food Patches for your unit.
Thank you to our Community Partner: