Located in Putnam County, the Agatha A. Durland Scout Reservation (previously Clear Lake Scout Reservation) boasts 1,400 acres of largely undeveloped land, pavilions, cabins, lean-to sites, wilderness campsites and miles of hiking trails are available. Two lakes offer boating, swimming and fishing opportunities. A rifle range, archery range and climbing tower are also available for use. This property borders Fahnestock State Park which hosts a section of the Appalachian Trail.
The Durland Scout Reservation is open for units from September through June. During the fall, winter and spring this property is home to numerous District events such as the Camp-O-Ree and Klondike Derby. During the summer season the property hosts Cub Scout and Boy Scout Day Camps.
Short Term Camping Application
Rifle Range Reservation Form
Reservations will still be taken on a first-come, first-served basis by the camping secretary. Reservations ALWAYS require a current camping application form AND full payment for the sites PLUS damage deposit.
Please note the short term camping application has CHANGED and any old forms should be discarded.
To complete your reservation-
- Verify your date is available
- Please SCAN application and email to email@example.com
- OR fax to 914-449-9690
- Call Camping with your credit card or mail your payments
- OR bring your application, checks or credit card to our Council Center
- NOTE-reservations are not complete until payment in full is made, including damage deposit.
Short Term / Weekend Camping
Facilities Available at Durland Scout Reservation
- Large Cabins - $260 weekend fee per unit. Fee for out of council units is $310. Refrigerator, electric cooking stove, wood stove, electricity, year-round water, optional propane heat. Capacity 40 people
- Smaller Cabins - $225 weekend fee per unit. Fee for out of council units is $275. Refrigerator, electric cooking stove, wood stove, electricity, year-round water, optional propane heat. Capacity 30 people
- Ground Site - $45.00 weekend fee per unit. Unit supplies tents & equipment; water & latrine nearby.
- Site 40 w/Pavilion & Lean-to: $65 weekend fee per unit. Unit supplies tents and equipment. Water and latrines nearby.
- Lean-Tos - $55 for two lean-tos, $75 for three.
- Pavilion - $65 per weekend fee.
- Sperling Program Shelter - $55.00 weekend fee per unit. Not to be used for camping.
- Cabin Damage Deposits - $100 for all units.
Durland Cabin Map