Serving: Bronxville, Eastchester, Edgemont, Harrison, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle, Pelham, Port Chester, Purchase, Rye, Rye Brook, Rye Neck, Scarsdale, Tuckahoe, Yonkers
- District Chair -- Michael Occhicone
- District Commissioner -- Ralph Stupple
- District Executive -- Tiffany Deygoo
To submit District Articles, please contact
No Current Stories Posted...
Unit Service is Provided by the District Commissioner Staff
Volunteers called Unit Commissioners provide direct coaching and consultation for unit adults to help ensure the success of every Scouting unit. The most important thing a commissioner does for a unit is to develop a close relationship with unit leaders to prove that somebody cares about him or her. This person is the connecting link between the Boy Scouts of America and the unit leader. This person does at least three things each month for each unit:
1. He or she visits a unit meeting or the unit committee meeting and stays long enough to give and take information about the unit program.
2. He or she phones each unit leader between unit meeting visits to see if help is needed.
3. The commissioner makes a thorough appraisal of each unit’s needs for successful operation and seeks out the resources of the district to meet those needs.
Additionally, the unit commissioner helps units prepare for charter renewal and leads them through the process qualification for the Journey to Excellence.
Currently there are 15 people who are registered Commissioners in the district. If your unit needs some help or guidance, District Commissioner Mike Amico may be contacted and he will get one of these unit commissioners to help support you. The District Commissioner's staff meets the first Wednesday of the month.