The annual Friends of Scouting campaign provides Scouters, parents, alumni, businesses, and community members with an opportunity to support the programs and facilities of the Westchester-Putnam Council, Boy Scouts of America.
The true cost of Scouting is much greater than the sum of unit dues or event and camping fees. Yearly registration fees support the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America and help provide program development and research,literature and other resources. The annual Friends of Scouting campaign, rather than assessing a fixed amount to support local council operations, FOS gives individuals and businesses the option to contribute at a level of their own choosing.
The Westchester-Putnam Council uses contributions made through the annual Friends of Scouting campaign to:
- Maintain camp properties and a service center.
- Organize new Scouting units and support existing ones.
- Provide professional support and leader training.
- Distribute program resources and regular communications.
- Organize activities and events.
- Offset general liability insurance costs to chartered organizations.
- Conduct Criminal background checks for adult leaders.
Thank you for your continued support!
- Family FOS Campaign Handbook
- True Cost of Scouting
- Presentation Script
- Family Friends of Scouting Brochure
- Family Presenter Job Description
Family Friends of Scouting 2017